signupSC is a website specifically built for providing valuable, credible, and up to date information on the Federal Health Care Marketplace. This site will serve as a resource for individuals, families and advocates in South Carolina to better understand how the Marketplace works.
With 117 days left to enroll in the health exchanges, we hope signupSC will help you better navigate the enrollment process. For those able to purchase health insurance by December 23, 2013 through the Marketplace, affordable, quality health insurance will be available for them starting January 1, 2014 – some for the very first time. While there have been challenges with getting the HealthCare.gov website up and running, there have been significant improvements made to the site and it can now handle more then 50,000 concurrent users.
We understand how critical it is for individuals and families to have access to quality, affordable healthcare. Many South Carolinians are suffering economic hardships and have preexisting medical conditions, previously making healthcare totally out of reach. Inability to afford healthcare can result in further hardship and crippling debt, so SC Appleseed is dedicated to helping those in need understand and access these important benefits.
Through signupSC, we will:
- provide accurate information and helpful links to get enrolled
- create a central place for you to find basic information about health insurance
- help you learn how to protect yourself from being scammed
- debunk the myths surrounding the Affordable Care Act
- provide information about local resources throughout the state, including times and locations for Navigators (organizations who have been trained to get people enrolled).
Please share signupSC with others – We can make the Affordable Care Act a success, and through reliable information found on this site, we are one step closer to helping those who are uninsured find coverage.
Have questions? Send us a private message using the form below.