- Children with pre-existing conditions are now protected through guaranteed issue of coverage, this means insurance companies cannot deny them affordable, quality health insurance
- Free preventative services through qualified health insurance plans to provide pediatrician-recommended care for children such as immunizations and preventative care for infants, children, and adolescents
- The Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) called Healthy Connection Kids in South Carolina remains an option for children up to 200% of the federal poverty level.
- All kids have access to affordable health coverage through a range of choices:
Healthy Connection Kids, the Exchange, and affordable private plans
- Healthy Connections Kids will still be free for children who live in families below 200% of the federal poverty level
- Parents who earn more up to 400% of poverty ($88,200 for a family of 4) may qualify for tax credits and premium assistance to help afford coverage for their kids (and themselves)
- Less worries because if a parent loses a job it no longer means families will have the added worry of becoming uninsured
Need Help Filling Your Prescriptions or Finding a Free or Low-cost Clinic?
See if you're eligible for prescriptions assistance and search for clinics in your area.
Have questions? Send us a private message using the form below.