KidsWell Campaign Launches Website and Online Resource Hub for Health Reform Implementation
KidsWell, a campaign dedicated to the successful implementation of federal health reform for America’s children, launched http://www.kidswellcampaign.org/, a website monitoring state and national health care reform implementation and opposition across the country.
First Focus Campaign for Children is a partner of the KidsWell Coalition, a diverse network of state and national organizations supported by The Atlantic Philanthropies and working on behalf of children to increase health coverage and ensure successful implementation of health care reform.
Drawing on a growing repository of more than 1,200 records from all fifty states and both public and original sources, the website offers users the ability to:
- Track specific health reform provisions and children’s coverage issues state by state;
- Search across multiple states for health reform trends and developments;
- Access state profiles providing baseline information on children’s coverage programs, insurance rates, and key political figures;
- View snapshots of implementation and opposition activities;
- Download weekly newsletters summarizing relevant developments; and
- Access reports and other advocacy resources created by KidsWell partners.
The website focuses on health insurance coverage programs and provisions under the Affordable Care Act, including Medicaid, the Child Health Insurance Program, Health Benefit Exchanges, and health insurance regulatory reforms. It was designed to support child health advocates, but also provides transparency and accountability on health care reform implementation more broadly, benefitting policy makers, researchers and the public.
Also, attached is the KidsWell companion Issue Brief, Health Care Reform in the States: A Snapshot, that highlights the maps on the website and serves as a roll-up of the state and federal implementation and opposition activity.
Need Help Filling Your Prescriptions or Finding a Free or Low-cost Clinic?
See if you're eligible for prescriptions assistance and search for clinics in your area.
Have questions? Send us a private message using the form below.